When Do You Get Inspirations For Designs ......

Decorating By cakesbybert Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 9:18pm by chellescountrycakes

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 8

For some reason mine come at completely weird times. Regular job is as accountant for trucking company, while trying to track down figures missing from general ledger, my mind wonders and I have to stop and sketch out a quick design that came to me for a possible cake. Now if I am trying to think of a design... for the life of me I can't come up with one. go figure. icon_confused.gif

7 replies
MrCake01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 8

Go back to work and look at your ledgers LOL

sweetazsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetazsugar Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 8

Glad to know i'm not the only one who has these 'moments of inspiration' Usually mine happen as i'm shopping the local walmart with my three boys. Yeah, lots of shopping lists turned doodle pad!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 8

This is why I have a sketch pad with me wherever I go! Because I will get these inspirations out of the blue! And now that I'm designing all the time patterns will hit me off of trucks, billboards, food packaging, you name it...all of a sudden I'm thinking...wow, that would make a great cake! LOL! Out comes the sketch pad!

Cat

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

This is why I have a sketch pad with me wherever I go! Because I will get these inspirations out of the blue! And now that I'm designing all the time patterns will hit me off of trucks, billboards, food packaging, you name it...all of a sudden I'm thinking...wow, that would make a great cake! LOL! Out comes the sketch pad!

Cat

Geez, sounds familiar. I do the same thing!! icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 8

When you get a cake idea out of the blue it is usually something that appeals to you and is often based on something you've saw or just random ideas.

When someone asks you for a cake, they usually give you a 'list' of what they want or it is for an occasion. That often puts limations on your ideas, and thus sometimes makes it harder for you to come up with something to fill their needs.

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCake01

Go back to work and look at your ledgers LOL

LOL - but hey I found the error!!!

Quote:
Quote:

sweetazsugar

Glad to know i'm not the only one who has these 'moments of inspiration' Usually mine happen as i'm shopping the local walmart with my three boys. Yeah, lots of shopping lists turned doodle pad!

LOL - Know what you mean - I've even drew idea on bathroom mirror in the steam when idea hit while taking shower - boy do you have to be quick to get it on paper before it disappeared!!

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 9:18pm
post #8 of 8

usually mine come to me right about the time I get far enough into said cake that I cant turn back... LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%