Jennifer Dontz Fondant Video

Decorating By cathyscakes Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 11:18pm by cathyscakes

cathyscakes Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 6

I just had to let everyone know how happy I have been with Jennifers fondant. It worked so well, I encourage everyone to get her video, and try it. It worked so nice, I didn't have any trouble at all. It was my first time covering a cake in fondant and I felt like a pro. lol. You don't get any cracking or elephant skin, and it has a long work time. Also, all of her other tips make life so much easier. Completely lining a cake pan in wax paper works amazing, you don't ever have to wash cake pans. I just leave the wax paper on the cake, and wrap, and freeze. She explains so much...it makes cake decorating fun. I was too stressed before, now I don't worry.
I could sing her praises all day...she's so kind and helpful, just had to share, i'm just really excited about everything I learned.

5 replies
Rylan Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 6

Cathy, she definitely is! I love her fondant--that is all I use even with dummies.

Also, I sent you a reply on the email you sent me a while back...sorry it took a long time to get back but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake!

Peridot Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 6

Jen is a great person. She is definitely very kind and helpful. Her cakes are perfection!!! I also use her fondant and love it. Might be more expensive but I am a hobby baker so it's not like I am using it everyday in my shop.

I never have gotten the hang of the waxed paper in the pans as I like a clean edge on my cake when I remove it from the pan and I could never get my edges without wrinkle marks showing from the waxed paper. I know it gets covered with BC - but I knew that they looked that way under the BC. It doesn't take that much time to wash a pan and I still washed the pan when I used the waxed paper - that's just me.

jjkarm Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 6

Just finished making her fondant about an hour ago. I'm going to try using it for the first time in a of couple days. Sooooo excited to see how it performs. icon_biggrin.gif

cathyscakes Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:03pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Cathy, she definitely is! I love her fondant--that is all I use even with dummies.

Also, I sent you a reply on the email you sent me a while back...sorry it took a long time to get back but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake!

Thanks so much Rylan, that means alot coming from you. I love all of your cakes, and you were so kind to help me through the process, it means alot to me. You can't believe how stressed I was. Your beautiful cake to try to replicate, using fondant for the first time, new recipe, never practiced, I worried for weeks with that cake. Now it makes me smile every time I look at it. I guess we have to take chances, to improve. But without help from people like you and Jennifer, I couldn't have done it. I know we have never met, but you guys seem like friends to me, your kindness has meant alot. You guys are awesome!!!

cathyscakes Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

Jen is a great person. She is definitely very kind and helpful. Her cakes are perfection!!! I also use her fondant and love it. Might be more expensive but I am a hobby baker so it's not like I am using it everyday in my shop.

I never have gotten the hang of the waxed paper in the pans as I like a clean edge on my cake when I remove it from the pan and I could never get my edges without wrinkle marks showing from the waxed paper. I know it gets covered with BC - but I knew that they looked that way under the BC. It doesn't take that much time to wash a pan and I still washed the pan when I used the waxed paper - that's just me.

I think the reason I liked this method so well is every cake was consistant when I baked the cakes. The birds nest cake I did, you wouldn't believe how that cake looked when I stack them together. I used a doctored mix, some cakes pulled away from the sides of the pan, some stuck, so big chunks were missing.I was even using the pan release, and they still stuck. When I stacked the cakes together, the sides didn't line up, so i had to trim, big humps I had to level...The wax paper method, the cakes didn't pull away from the sides, they were completely flat. They are in the freezer now, but its going to be so nice frosting these cakes. They look perfect. Also, what I do is put the wax paper in the pan, then I got a cake pan, a size smaller, and that helped get the wax paper right up to the sides of the pan. There are folds, but I don't think it will matter.
Like you said, her fondant is wonderful...its worth it to me to pay a little more, to not have the stress, I know it will work for me. I'm just a hobby baker too, so its worth it to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%