Freeze Or Not? Tasting Cuppies For Tomorrow

Baking By egensinnig Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 1:05pm by WickedSweetDebbie

egensinnig Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 10

I need some advice - I've baked Cosmopolitan and Mojito cupcakes right now. Brushed with rum and cointreau whilst hot. Now on the rack cooling down. I will pipe the frosting tomorrow, in about 14 hours and serve them in approximately 17-18 hours. Can I just leave them on my counter wrapped in saran wrap or should I freeze them? They are for a wedding tasting tomorrow and I just wish everything to be perfect! . Any opinions are appreciated!

9 replies
egensinnig Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 10

Any advice, guesses, opinions? Please, pretty please?

awatterson Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 10

Do you have any Tupperware or plastic containers you can put them in before you put the icing on? I would be too scared to just leave them with plastic wrap, but that is just me. It sounds like you put a lot of work into the cupcakes and I would hate to see them dry out.

egensinnig Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 10

awatterson - thanks for your input! I've left them in the cupcake pan and wrapped it in 4 layers of saran - I think I will put the pan in a plastic bag and then freeze them and hope that will keep them moist. Will put the icing on tomorrow when they have thawed
It's a tasting with a "jet-set" gay couple and I so want this order. And if I get it it will probably generate more orders so I really want them to love my cuppies icon_smile.gif

awatterson Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 10

I think that the 4 layers would be fine. I was thinking that it was just 1 layer laid on top. I will cross my fingers that you get the order. Let us know how it goes!

egensinnig Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:04am
post #6 of 10

They freezed and thawed well and the couple loved them! And I was also asked to do there flowers for the wedding since I do that as well icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:53am
post #7 of 10

In school the rule was if it is for within 24 hours, keep it on the counter. More than that, freeze it.

awatterson Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 10

Congratulations! That is AWESOME!

egensinnig Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you for your good advices!
No I'm off to drink champagne with my husband - first day of vacation!

WickedSweetDebbie Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:05pm
post #10 of 10

Egensinning-Did you unwrap the cupcakes right when you took them out of the freezer? Or did you let them thaw out first, then unwrap? I know when I freeze my cakes, I let them thaw first. I've heard different things with cupcakes though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%