I Have To Concede Defeat

Decorating By pmarks0 Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 5:11am by pmarks0

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 4

I had wanted to make a gumpaste figure of Sam the Eagle from the muppets for a cake. However, after spending a couple of hours at it last night, all I had for my efforts were a bunch of ball shapes stuck together that didn't look anything like what I was going for. I did get the colour right though. icon_smile.gif

Here's what I was trying to do...he's in the second picture.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Mini_Muppets

3 replies
nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 4

Well you got the color right! Sometimes that is a big problem! Tell us about the cake you are doing that you wanted Sam for. And are you really defeated or just need a break from looking at him? Sometimes I have to go do something else and come back and look at things with a fresh eye. Chin up, All will be well!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 4

How much time do you have? Each attempt will provide you with insight as to what NOT to do and so each attempt will be better. The one and only time I have made any kind of figures it took several attempts at each before I got them to where I wanted them. If you want, take a look at the state fair cake in my photos...I think I probably spent a good 10 hours just getting a decent pig and 6 on the birds, and those are pretty simple! icon_lol.gif

Don't give up!

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:11am
post #4 of 4

I'm making a cake for a friend's 40th birthday, one of the "Here Lies ________ Youth" cakes with a headstone. There's an inside family joke with Sam the Eagle, so I had wanted to put him in there somewhere. The figure wasn't integral to the cake, just an add-on, and I should have started him ages ago for the practice, but it was a last minute suggestion by someone. Between work, and the heat wave we've been having (no a/c until last night) I think I had too many forces against me. I'm not going to give up though. I will attempt to make him at some point, he's just not going to make it onto this cake. icon_smile.gif Thanks for your encouragement.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%