Gumpaste Flower Supplies

Decorating By wilsonar Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 5:27pm by wilsonar

wilsonar Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I'm just starting out with gumpaste flowers and am looking for some supplies that I can't find...

What is the grooved plastic board called that you roll out the gumpaste on in order to have petals with a thicker line to insert the wire into? Can I find it in a craft store or do I need to buy it at a cake supply store?

Thanks in advance of the help!


4 replies
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 5

Cel board.

You won't find it at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. You will need to go to a cake supply store or look online.

There are two sizes, even though they are pricey I'd go with the larger one, because you will wish you did later. icon_smile.gif

mpetty Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 5

I agree. The larger board is around $10.00 more than the small one - $35 vs. $25-ish. For that much money, I would go larger. When I get the $$, that's what I plan to do. icon_smile.gif

crumbcake Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 5

I purchased mine at: Its called a celboard by celcakes.

wilsonar Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much. Just ordered one! Maybe eventually I'll have everything I need to finish a flower, haha...

Quote by @%username% on %date%