Need Helping Making Gum Paste Or Fondant Violets

Decorating By nikkijmw Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 5:01pm by carmijok

nikkijmw Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a three tiered anniversary cake and my plan is to make A LOT of violets to decorate the cake with but, one problem....I have no idea how to make them! Can someone help me out please??? I need to have the cake completed and delivered by Sunday, 7/18 so I plan on making them at the end of this week. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

2 replies
mommafixit Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 3

I think one of the Wilton lesson plans tells how to make gumpaste violets. I don't have it, but found this picture at Wilton.com. Looks kinda simple. I'd use a 5 petal cutter, ruffle the edges, then cut 2 petals of darker shade and glue on flowers. Use a tip 2 with yellow royal icing for center. They also have a technique for royal icing ones. Pretty sure its on there website. HTH
LL

carmijok Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 3

Put 'royal icing violets' in your search engine (google is best) and you'll get info on how to make them as well as how you can buy pre-made violets. I recently did a violet related cake (in my photos) and bought some pre-mades and then made some from gum paste for the cupcakes. I just used a 5 petal cutter and rolled the edges. They are nothing as pretty as the posted picture on this thread...but they worked. Since this is for an anniversary, you might want to go a little fancier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%