Painting On Gumpaste

Decorating By DinasSugarShack Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 2:51am by hking

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 12:40am
post #1 of 4

I need to make a cake for a client in the justice league theme. I am making the logos to go on the front of the cake and buildings to stand at the back of the cake (it a slab cake). I am a little stumped as to the top of the cake. I attempted a color flow transfer and did not work out for me. So I cut out a batman out of gumpaste and then painted the details on the piece of gumpaste with edible paint. Now I think it is not going to fill the space so I am thinking of doing a superman. Is there an easier way to transfer the image onto the gumpaste so I can get the details properly. I am not an artist and it is very hard for me to draw freehand.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

THanks
Dina

3 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 12:47am
post #2 of 4

I remember reading someone's blog who had a projector that projected images onto royal icing on cookies. I found a link to a similar site to shown but it means getting a Kopykake projector. If it's something you think you'd use a lot it would make sense... not for a single use though.

http://sweetopia.net/2010/06/decorating-cookies-with-a-kopykake-projector/

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:37am
post #3 of 4

thanks, i will look into it

Dina

hking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hking Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:51am
post #4 of 4

Place your printed image over the fondant. Lightly trace the image to get a minimal indentation in the fondant. When your done tracing, remove the image and use the impression you created to paint by.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%