Help With Dora Cake

Decorating By momtobtb Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 7:27am by sweetcakes2825

momtobtb Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a birthday cake as a gift for one of my husband's good friends little girl. They found this picture of this Dora cake on Flickr and asked if I could make one similiar. I have a pretty good idea of how it's set up, but wanted to get other opinions as well (I tend to make things harder than they really are sometimes icon_wink.gif ) So, what dimensions do you think these are and how do you think the head is supported? They need the cake to be for 40 people.

4 replies
msthang1224 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, it looks like its a soccer ball pan that was used for the head and beach ball. Looks like the body is mad from a rectangular cake cut to make body and legs. The arms, I'm unsure of, maybe rkt? I hope this makes sense.

cocoasensations Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 7:35am
post #3 of 5

that's a quiet big cake... i don't have an idea on how to do that but I wish you good luck...I also saw a huge cake, the replica of the malacanang palace in the philippines and it took 4 days to finish...

riverales Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 5

I saw that you actually pulled off the 3d dora cake and was wondering ... How did you get the head to stay put?

Just Curious,
Leslie

sweetcakes2825 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 7:27am
post #5 of 5

Great Job!! I want to do this cake in June can you please tell me how you did the head?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%