Help With Dora Cake

Decorating By momtobtb Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 7:27am by sweetcakes2825

momtobtb Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a birthday cake as a gift for one of my husband's good friends little girl. They found this picture of this Dora cake on Flickr and asked if I could make one similiar. I have a pretty good idea of how it's set up, but wanted to get other opinions as well (I tend to make things harder than they really are sometimes icon_wink.gif ) So, what dimensions do you think these are and how do you think the head is supported? They need the cake to be for 40 people.

4 replies
msthang1224 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, it looks like its a soccer ball pan that was used for the head and beach ball. Looks like the body is mad from a rectangular cake cut to make body and legs. The arms, I'm unsure of, maybe rkt? I hope this makes sense.

cocoasensations Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 7:35am
post #3 of 5

that's a quiet big cake... i don't have an idea on how to do that but I wish you good luck...I also saw a huge cake, the replica of the malacanang palace in the philippines and it took 4 days to finish...

riverales Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 5

I saw that you actually pulled off the 3d dora cake and was wondering ... How did you get the head to stay put?

Just Curious,

sweetcakes2825 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 7:27am
post #5 of 5

Great Job!! I want to do this cake in June can you please tell me how you did the head?

Quote by @%username% on %date%