Fondarific Colours

Decorating By ladyellam Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 1:19am by Karen421

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering if anyone has used their flavoured fondant? How bright are the colours and is the flavour good? I'm making a Buzz Lightyear cake, so I need nice bright colours for him and his spaceship. Any advice would be apppreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks.
Kathy

5 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 6

Hi I haven't actually used it on my cakes BUT I have taste tested several flavors and they are sooooo good. They taste just like their named. Strawberry was my fav, its a nice pink color and smells and taste like strawberry. The colors are really nice and bright as well. At least the ones I saw and tasted were bright. HTH. GOOD LUCK!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry, I tasted these: strawberry, lemon, lime (I think), chocolate, mocha, vanilla, tuttifrutti and I think it was a cherry flavored one there too.

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 6

I've never tasted the flavored/colored fondants but I've used their colored buttercream fondant and it always works very well for me. The only kind of fondant I'll use, in fact...

I'm wary of using the flavored ones because I don't want the flavor of the fondant to overwhelm any cake/filling flavors I may use, but to each her own.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 6

They are really good. The only flavor I didn't care for was the vanilla. To imitation for me but the others were great and easy to work with.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 1:19am
post #6 of 6

I love the fondarific flavors and have used the chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and wedding white. The all worked great, but watch them in the heat the are soft and can melt. My grandkids actually want to eat all the chocolate scraps, because they taste like tootsies rolls!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%