Cake Pops Success....thanks Bakerella!

Decorating By CrumblesConfections Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 4:18pm by CrumblesConfections

CrumblesConfections  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, so I made my first batch of cake pops and I was very apprehensive because I didn't know how they would turn out or taste. It turns out I had nothing to worry about because they were a HUGE success and now people are begging me to make them! I couldn't be happier. Of course, they were asking me HOW I made them at first and I told them that since this is my business, I won't tell but they should put in an order request and I'll be happy to make them.
Thanks Bakerella for this wonderful and simple idea. They did actually taste wonderful. I did triple fudge chocolate cake with milk chocolate outside and various sprinkles. I didn't get a chance to take photos because I was running late and by the time they made it to the party, they were eaten too quickly. I'll make more and post photos. I just thought I'd share my success story. Have a great day CC'ers!

4 replies
 anasazi17  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 5

glad you had success! I tried them this weekend too. Mine turned into just cake balls as they wouldn't stay on the sticks...but they tasted yummy!!

CrumblesConfections Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasazi17

glad you had success! I tried them this weekend too. Mine turned into just cake balls as they wouldn't stay on the sticks...but they tasted yummy!!

I did have a few that wanted to fall off the sticks but I think I read somewhere that happens when the chocolate on the lollipop stick isn't hard enough or something. Trial and error I guess.

robyndmy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 5

Ooh good job!! This is encouraging, because I have some frozen cake tops in the freezer that I'm saving for cake pops. Maybe today is finally the day to try it out!

CrumblesConfections Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyndmy

Ooh good job!! This is encouraging, because I have some frozen cake tops in the freezer that I'm saving for cake pops. Maybe today is finally the day to try it out!

You definitely should do it! I had so much fun! I guess I wasn't under any pressure because this was just for a July 4th celebration. I'm ready to make more now!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%