I Know This Is Out There....

Lounge By JayyBugg Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 8:22pm by JayyBugg

JayyBugg Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 1:41am
post #1 of 4

But i was just hoping maybe someone out there would have my saving suggestion....

I'm trying to go to pastry and baking school right now. I've been accepted, and this is the only thing i could see myself going though with actually making something out of my passion. My Dad has always wanted this for me.

And the hard part... Starting the school keeps getting pushed back (3 times now) because i just can't seem to get enough money. No loan company will approve me because i'm so young with no credit yet (how do they expect ppl to start???)

Anyways, I was just wondering and hoping that someone out there would know of a foundation or scholarship or loan company that would be specialized for my situation?

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated, as not all of us are born with a silver spoon...

Thanks for reading

3 replies
mamawrobin Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 3:42am
post #2 of 4

Have you tried any government loans? They have very little or no interest and you don't even have to start making payments to repay the loans until you've graduated. Also, many people have become successful without ever going to pasty/baking school.

Texas_Rose Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:41am
post #3 of 4

That's what I was going to suggest too, government loans...it's not true that they won't loan money to you when you're young and have no credit...my sister is studying for her doctorate, she's 21, and all of her student loans (for terrrifying amounts of money) are in her name alone.

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

The school should be able to help you figure out what kind of financial aid you can get too.

Also, have you checked to see if the community college there has a pastry program? The one here does and it's really affordable...they have a culinary degree or a pastry certificate...I think the certificate programs are only a year long.

JayyBugg Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 4

i've done fafsa and pell grants and a couple others but they still left me with more money to come up with

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%