Rkt Recipe Confusion

Baking By artscallion Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 8:33pm by artscallion

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 4

The Rice Krispie Treats recipe here lists, "4 cups (1 lb bag) of rice krispie or similar cereal"

4 cups of Rice krispies weighs about 4 ounces, not a pound (16 ounces).
A one pound bag of this cereal actually contains about 16 cups. That's a huge difference!

So, for those who make this recipe, do I use 4 cups of cereal or the full bag (16 cups)

I asked this question in the comments of the recipe itself, but realize that no one will see my comments unless they randomly happen to look at the recipe.

3 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 4

I am not sure what recipe you are useing,,but maybe this will help.. 6 cups rice krispies, 1 bag[ 10oz] large marshmellows, 3 tablespoons butter,,you can sub 4 cups minature marshmellows, or 1 jar [ 7oz ] marshmellow creme...melt butter and marshmellows in microwave around 3 minutes,,add in rice krispies mix well pour in greased pan and let set..

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 4

I use the same recipe as kraziboutkakes, except that I put a sheet of parchment paper down in the pan (large enough to cover the bottom & sides). The recipe works great, and I have very little clean up - HTH!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! The recipe I was referring to is, oddly, the only RKT recipe I can find on CC.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7518/rice-krispies-treats-rkt

Strangely it has 9.1 out of 10 stars rated by 20 users. Really?! 20 users used this recipe with such a giant flaw in the measurements and gave it 9 stars!???! really? a difference of a good 10 cups of cereal, one way or the other, and everyone gives it 9 stars?

Good grief the heat must be getting to me. Anyway, thanks for the new recipe. I couldn't find mine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%