How Do I Get This Effect Inside The Cake?

Decorating By jenniboo Updated 4 Jul 2010 , 3:56pm by KathysCC

jenniboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniboo Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 4

I'm not a professional, but am an avid hobbyist and make cakes for family and friends any chance I get! I would love some advice from you lovely CCers who are more experienced than me. icon_smile.gif I checked out cakewrecks.com today, as I always look forward to her Sunday Sweets post. Today, I was blown away by this cake. Wow! How beautiful and perfect. Would anyone be so kind as to explain how to do this? I have made cakes before with different colors for the different layers, and have also made a many tiered cake (14 to be exact, each one VERY thin). But I'm not sure how to get the blue square "in" with the other thin layers. I would assume the blue cake was baked in the same size pan, but how would I go about carving it down to size/placing it inside the other cake layers, etc? I'm completely lost on this, but would love some step by step directions so I can re-create this. Thanks so much! icon_smile.gif
LL

3 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 4

8 thin layers of red coloured white cake and a full (we will imagine it is 6") smaller cake, cut out the center and add the full blue cake icon_smile.gif

I hope that makes sense and i am jus tassuming!

(Did yo contact her? I know she wrote it out, and the white lines are buttercreme)

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, this cake was posted here on cc a week or so ago by themaytrix if you go to the picture of the cake she describes how she did it, also more tips in the comments section. I've also seen this version on I am Baker blog http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/ she describes how she does her colored cakes and shows pictures.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 4

It is always a good idea, when you save a picture onto your computer to save the picture with the name of the decorator..as in thematrix.jpg Then, if you need to, you can go back and find them again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%