Trifle...can I Put It Together The Night Before??

Lounge By tinygoose Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 12:48am by JanH

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 7:58am
post #1 of 8

I have a BBQ tomorrow around noon, and I'm going to make a trifle with:

WASC cake
Magnolias famous banana pudding
blueberries
strawberries
I have some leftover raspberry Chambord buttercream that I'd love to through in.
Maybe some Chambord (raspberry liquor) whipped cream

So...can I put it all together tonight and expect it to be ok in the morning?

Anyone ever done one the night before?

7 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 8

I wouldn't do it. The whipped cream will deflate and make everything soggy. Even if you use Cool Whip or something like that I think it will still be soggy. I always chill my trifles for like four hours and then serve them. I find that if I refrigerate leftovers, everything deflates and gets soggy, but it's still good!

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 8

Chambord butter cream!!!???? icon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gif Will you share recipe PLEASE? Wish I could taste that trifle, sounds yummylishious!

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 8

I thought you were supposed to make a triffle the night before. I always do, but add the whipped cream at the last minute. I haven't done one in a while though.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 8

I've made them several times the night before without problem. I would make it as late as possible the night before, so it doesn't have to sit as long in the fridge. The only thing that would probably make it soggy would be the fruit.
I'm making one in the middle of the week with choc. cake & raspberries & will make it the night before.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 8

Gosh, I think it's better if made the night before. I only put whipped cream on top, though.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks guys... Somehow this double posted because I had a whole conversation at 2am with a nice lady "brincess" who was very helpful. Anyway... I ended up making it up last night and it looks exactly the same this morning...yay! I skipped the bananas and whipped cream because the Magnolia pudding is very light.

The Chambord bc is just a cream cheese icing with raspberry Chambord liquor and fresh raspberrys...yes it got a little runny, had to add more powdered sugar, ended up with way more than I needed. I also brushed the cake with Chambord.

I wish I had put more pudding in the lower part, oh well...hindsight. I'm just glad it's done. Happy 4th everyone!!
LL

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 12:48am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%