Sometimes, Everything Goes...right!

Baking By letsgetcaking Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 2:29am by JulieMN

letsgetcaking Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 9

I'm so happy right now because a lot of things I thought would go wrong and that would take me forever all worked out on my last project. I wanted to bring patriotic cookies to a lunch tomorrow with my family, but I just didn't have a lot of time to decorate. I decided to make one giant cookie to save time, however I'd never done it before.

So things that went right:

1) I was worried about burning and uneven baking in a rectangular pan, but the cookie came out perfect!

I used a cooling rack to flip the cookie pan over, so the bottom of the cookie wouldn't burn on the pan and it could cool on the rack. When I flipped the cookie back over, however, there were HUGE dented lines running down the cookie from cooling on the rack. I was worried about that messing up the design and making the icing run in the wrong directions.

2) Then I realized something...There were 14 lines created by the 14 metal bars on the cooling rack. This meant I had 13 perfect spaces to fill in for the stripes on the flag. How cool is that?! thumbs_up.gif That saved me a TON of time trying to measure out perfectly straight stripes.

I just need to trim a little off the top. Sometimes things do go just right. icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Marianna46 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 9

Congratulations, letsgetcaking! You've obviously been living right! Terrific cookie, too! I know your family's going to love it.

Montrealconfections Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 9

Good for you! So great when thgings work out!! The cookie looks great!

TracyLH Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 1:39am
post #4 of 9

That is so wonderful! thumbs_up.gif Glad that worked out so perfectly for you! You would think that you had planned it that way!

samiam22 Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 1:57am
post #5 of 9

I wish I was an American to copy that brilliant idea!! Congrats on a great day and a fabulous cookie. Happy July 4th!

letsgetcaking Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 11:36am
post #6 of 9

Thank you, everyone! I was just so excited that it worked out well, I had to share. icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 9

Excellent, Isnt it wonderful when a disaster suddenly becomes your best idea !

cindy58 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 11:03pm
post #8 of 9

That's very funny! Glad it all worked out, it's a nice cookie.

JulieMN Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:29am
post #9 of 9

Glad it worked in your the cookie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%