Completely Cupcake Illiterate!

Baking By stacyllind Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm by LindaF144a

stacyllind Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 5

I am not used to baking cupcakes and I am totally miffed about my skill set with them! I cannot get my cupcakes to stop sticking to the liners. When I try to peel them away from the cupcake the entire cupcake separates! Why does this keep happening!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

4 replies
KHalstead Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 5

could be your recipe, or the type of liners. What kind of liners are you using?? Some of the cheaper, thin, paper ones will do that

stacyllind Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 5

It probably is the liners, I was out and I just grabbed what they had at the grocery store. It was probably not a good idea thumbsdown.gif Thanks for the advice!

sugarjones Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 4:41am
post #4 of 5

I'm not sure if you have a GFS in your area but they have the BEST plain white cupcake liners there! 500 for $3.99, a great deal.
And they work wonderfully, they don't pull the cupcake off but they also don't pull away when sitting in the box icon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 5

I had this happen to the last batch of a new recipe I tested. I didn't know at the time, but cupcakes were too dry. Way too dry....even with frosting. I might have baked them too long, or too hot. I was trying the 400 degree method to get a dome.

Back to the drawing board.

If your cupcakes tasted too dry, that might be the reason. Or you baked them too long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%