Turntables

Decorating By slockhar Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 5:56pm by KoryAK

slockhar Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 8

I have the Wilton Ultra turntable and it's ok. I'm interested in the tilting one though as I think having a different angle would be easier to pipe on the sides of the cake. I'd love to hear pros/cons of the tilting turntable and if it's worth the price.

7 replies
pattigunter Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 8

I dont personally have one but I was on the Wilton forums earlier and there's a post there about them. Most people say that its not worth the $$.

Maria925 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 8

I asked this once too and was given the advice to simply raise your cake (like on a sturdy box) thereby bringing it up to eye level. It made it easier for me this way without having to spend $$ on that turntable.

psurrette Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 8

I HAD that turntable untill my 4 tier wedding cake fell off it.

Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 8

I agree..Save your money and buy a good one if you are going to invest in one.I bought a stainless steel slab turntable about 6 years ago from Ateco and it one of my best investments!!Wilton ones are flimsy..JMO...

confectionsofahousewife Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I agree..Save your money and buy a good one if you are going to invest in one.I bought a stainless steel slab turntable about 6 years ago from Ateco and it one of my best investments!!Wilton ones are flimsy..JMO...

Thanks for the recommendation! I was just thinking today that I would like a decent turntable. I'll have to check that one out.

slockhar Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for the help.

KoryAK Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:56pm
post #8 of 8

Just get a good Ateco one, and for the few times you'd like a bit of an angle for piping, prop one end up with a folded over towel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%