Silhouette Man And Woman Cake Topper

Decorating By tal Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 2:40am by tal

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 9

Hello Board!

I have attached a pic of a silhouette that I would like to use as the cake topper for a shower. I would think you'd have to have a metal or iron worker to make this????

does anyone have any ideas or have seen anything similar to this?

I don't know, could I even make it myself????

Thanks for the help!

lis icon_rolleyes.gif

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 9

What about cutting it out of gumpaste and letting it dry?

tal Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 9

sorry, never attached anything before, but I'll try again.....
LL
LL

lilyankee5688 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyankee5688 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 9

that such a cute cake!! i think you can cut it from gumpaste and make sure its dry.. but the legs are thin, might be top heavy. i dunno. i'm not too experienced.. but i would try the gumpaste..

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 9

Enlarge the picture and trace the shape onto a piece of black gumpaste. Cut it out and let it dry... you would want to add lollipop or Popsicle sticks to the back to stick it in the cake with!!!

tal Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 9

I thought of gumpaste, but I'm not very good at cutting out.....how would I do that anyway???

I guess I would use sticks/small dowels to hold the figures up.....roll out gumpaste (would have to be thicker so they wouldn't fall over?????).....idk.....trying to think and type here.....

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:29pm
post #7 of 9

I just made people silhouettes for a cake (volleyball players) It wasn't too hard to do. I think the man and his arm holding the woman would be strong enough to hold the whole thing up. I attached toothpics to the feet by cutting out another "foot & ankle" to glue over the original and the toothpick (on the back). I don't think you want to roll too thick because then it would just be heavier.
If you have or could buy an exacto knife, that will make it easier to cut out the delicate details. Just go slow.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 9

Just use an exacto to cut it out. The Popscile sticks would be for the sole purpose of sticking it in the cake. I just find them nicer to use because they are flat and won't create a bulge....... just put a piece of gum paste over the sticks on the back to make sure that they do their job. It's actually quite easy.

tal Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:40am
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone!! I just went to an arts festival today and ran into a vendor who makes metal toppers, etc......I never get that lucky!!

I'll post the cake and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again!
Lis

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%