I'd Rather Be Cake Decorating.

Decorating By KayMc Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 11:52pm by KayMc

KayMc Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 12

Today is Friday of a holiday weekend, and I gotta tell you: I would rather be decorating cakes than working today. icon_cry.gif

Alright, enough whining........................ icon_redface.gif

11 replies
tanstaafl Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 12

Agreed! I work from home on Friday's, and my kitchen is just calling to me!

Panchis Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 12

Most Fridays I feel like that...I rather be at home decorating than being at work.

Elcee Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 12

I'm off work for the summer but haven't had a REASON to make a cake for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting itchy! DH's birthday is coming up on the 13th, though. icon_cool.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 12

I finally get a cake to do next week - a birthday at work! Hooray!!! I want to leave work now and check to make sure I have everything I need!

picakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 12

I'm sitting in my cubicle, dreaming of cake. My niece's 8th Birthday is next weekend, so I've got pink and purple cake ideas running through my head. I wish I was home looking at cake ideas instead of here working!

KHalstead Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 12

I would rather be relaxing that decorating cakes!!!! I wish I had blocked out this weekend!!! OH well, next weekend long overdue vacation NO CAKES for a whole week!!! NO CELL, NO PC, nothing!! yahoooo

step0nmi Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:51pm
post #8 of 12

I would rather be cake decorating than looking for a job!!!!! I recently graduated from college and the money is not coming in. I actually took a hiatus from decorating cakes and starting back up again to get the word of mouth is not that fun :p

so...all of you guys that are actually working and making money, be happy icon_lol.gif

KayMc Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #9 of 12

You brought it into a great perspective, stepOnmi. I am VERY thankful for the blessing of a good job, and need to stop whining. You are correct.

Marianna46 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:19pm
post #10 of 12

Well, maybe a lot of you (except for Tina, who really NEEDS a vacay) wish decorating WERE your full-time job. Taking advantage of impending retirement and a pension check to back me up if things don't work out at first, that's just where I'm headed. I fill all my work-free days with cake/cookie/cupcake projects that will round out my decorating "apprenticeship". A few orders are even starting to come my way! (Home bakeries are allowed where I live, fortunately).

cakesrock Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 10:26pm
post #11 of 12

I hear ya! I would always rather be decorating than working any day. I tried to see if I could make it a side business and cut back working, but no go..just not worth it-I think I made $.08 an hour. Maybe in semi-retirement.... But it is waaay more fun as a hobby anyway. At least you are pining for it and not stressing over the ripped fondant on a cake you have to deliver to a customer in 2 hours!

KayMc Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 11:52pm
post #12 of 12

Yes, I agree working w/ cakes is more fun as a hobby. I keep thinking that maybe I'll start a part time cottage industry with it, but I think I'd be miserable. I love working with cakes, but my life is so wild that it needs to be on MY terms, and not obligations to customers. Maybe after I retire, but not now...

Quote by @%username% on %date%