Candy Clay...what Do You Use It For?

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 11:40pm by mindy1204

mindy1204 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 6

I keep reading on here about candy clay and have never really used it. What do you use it for?

5 replies
sugarjones Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 5:00am
post #2 of 6

I use it all the time as a replacement for gumpaste. I hate the taste of gumpaste and so do my customers so I decided to make some one day and it tastes delicious (I do mix it with gumpaste every once in a while though)! Only problem is it gets soft very quickly and is temperamental in warm weather. It doesn't get super hard like gumpaste so I wouldn't use it for anything that needs to stand up.
Any other questions, feel free to PM me anytime icon_smile.gif

icer101 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 5:24am
post #3 of 6

you can make all different kinds of flowers, roses, orchid, bird of paradise, anything you can make with g/p. I take demos with mari stenago at ices convention. she is great. I think she is doing a hands on this year. A guy named jing also demos chocolate flowers, etc. he is great also. different people model figures with candy clay. some people cover their cakes with it. i haven,t tried that yet, but want to. you can mix it with fondant and it makes the fondant taste even better and more pliable. you can use it for so many things. hth

mindy1204 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 6

I think I am going to make some soon! I have a simple wedding cake to do with pink roses so maybe I will try that. It is a gift for a co workers getting married at the courthouse so I can try new things on it.

icer101 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 6

mindy1204, type in search on your home page . How to make candy clay roses. And you will get help . maybe on this site, under forums. How do i, or cake decorating, there is a sticky on lots of tutorials. hth I make candy clay roses all the time. work in a cool room. a little fan blowing if you need to. that is how i work with candy clay.

mindy1204 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you.. Quick question what do you use for the center of the rose? Do you use candy clay or something else?

Quote by @%username% on %date%