Square Cookie Pizza

Baking By letsgetcaking Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 11:34am by letsgetcaking

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:06am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could ask those with more cookie making experience than me for some advice. I would like to make the crust for a cookie pizza using the NFSC dough recipe. Do you have any suggestions for modifications I would need to make to the recipe (like lowering the temperature or something)? How thick should it be?

Also, instead of a circle, I want to make a large rectangle (filling an entire cookie sheet). Do you think this could work, or is there something special to the giant circle shape? Do you think the edges would brown too fast?

Thanks for any help you can give.

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 5

If going for a rectangle, I would suggest using a cookie sheet with a nice lip on it (like a jelly roll pan) or even a sheet cake pan (line the bottom with parchment!) The thing to be careful with the larger sheet cake sized ones is making sure you're always supporting it because it will crack in half or thirds or more pieces if picked up without support.

I would put a 1/2 sheet cake board over the baked/cooled cookie and then flip the whole pan over, then put another board on the exposed bottom side now and flip it back over, always supporting it!

As for recipes, there are TONS online.....see if you notice any difference in the amounts of ingredients vs. your recipe

letsgetcaking Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much for the reply, KHalstead. I've looked up the recipes online and hopefully I can combine what I found into the NFSC recipe. Thanks for the idea about using a cake board to flip it out onto. I hadn't thought about getting it out of the pan. icon_smile.gif We'll see how it goes. I'm also going to try to decorate the whole thing with glace icing. I've got my fingers crossed. icon_smile.gif

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 12:37am
post #4 of 5

I've baked giant cookies a few times 8" round I had to cover it in foil to keep it from getting too brown and the middle took a long time to bake while the edges were hard.

I would cut my cookies either in slice shapes or the squares, for the crusts I would cut strips of cookie to add on top of the decorated cookies (obviously needs to be curved on the slice shape.

To decorate I would push the cookies together (damming all of them so the icing doesn't dip off) this will give the look of a large pizza. Add the pizza crust (cookie strips) to the red base color before adding the other stuff.

As for the topping you have a few options:

A few days in advance you could make the pizza toppings with RI transfers.

Another option is to pick this up: http://www.toysonline.com.au/v/vspfiles/photos/HAS-839828-2T.jpg

With this you could make all the pizza parts out of fondant to place on top of your icing.

Last I saw the cookie pizza decorated with red icing coconut & candies

letsgetcaking Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 11:34am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for the great ideas, Montrealconfections! I really like the idea of adding extra cookie to the edges for the crust and using the play-dough set to create the toppings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%