Cakeboss Software And Paperwork

Business By Melissa_B_Cakes Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 12:59pm by KHalstead

Melissa_B_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa_B_Cakes Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 4

Everyone on here always gives such great advice when it comes to running a business. I am in the process of becoming legal icon_biggrin.gif I have been shopping around for an affordable program to help me keep track of everything. I cannot afford a personal accountant, so I will be handling most of that.....with that said, what does everyone think about the CakeBoss program??? Pros? Cons? I am ready to buy it if I get some good reviews on it....

Also, the dreaded contract.... icon_cry.gif .....I know everyone has their own way of collecting payment, rules, procedures/policies....I have looked into other cake ladies' rules/policy around my area and thats where most of my rules have come from.....what are some good things to be sure to include in the cake contract? Any pointers? I feel like I have a good contract with the basics like 50% down to save the date, payment due 2 weeks before event, no changes can be made 14 days before event....but how do you handle disclaimers like "once the cake has been delivered, it is out of our hands, no longer our responsibility" etc???

Any help would be WONDERFUL!!!! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa_B_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa_B_Cakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:29am
post #3 of 4

thanks doug!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 4

I absolutely could NOT function without cake boss!! Everything from knowing what to charge, down to knowing how much to tithe at church on Sunday lol. I always am less than 30 seconds away from knowing how much I actually made in profits for ANY time period, just click a start and end date and there you go, a fully organized report of everything!!

I use the cake boss program more than ANY other thing in my business (I even use it more than my mixer!! lol)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%