Question For Celebrity Cake

Decorating By oopsydeb

oopsydeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oopsydeb Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 1

Hi all,
I need advice! I'm pretty new to making cakes and I will be making one for a friend of mines baby shower. It has to taste and look great, she is a celebrity and someone might get a picture of it and who knows where it could lead. SO, here is my question....
I am making the Debbie Brown baby dragon on top of a two tier cake. I'm trying to figure out if I should use all Fondant (I am not that experienced with it and it frustrates me) I saw where someone actually mixes fondant with rolled butter cream and says it's easier to work with. Or, maybe buy a commercial fondant (which tastes the best?) The other option is butter cream, I prefer the taste of the IMBC but, I know the crusting butter cream holds up better. I use the butter, 10x recipe (no shortening, I don't like it and it makes me sick) Also, my friend is not really eating sugar and the IMBC seems a better choice (she will make an exception for a little piece of cake of course!). On one thread I saw where some mix the IMBC and BC, you can now see why I am so confused.... I will use fondant accents on the cake, but on what??????
Help

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%