I Can't Wait To See My First Disaster...

Decorating By CBMom Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 7:19am by asaye

dholdenrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dholdenrn Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 7:22pm
post #31 of 38

I love my teacup poodles and they are made for cakers...they are too little to get on the furniture or counter tops and they do not shed at all! And just for the record...my kitchen is exceptionally clean and I DO let my doggies kiss me in the face, lol!!!

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 1:10pm
post #32 of 38

Thought I would just share that I have had an issue with cats when I told someone I have cats they were like "and you are going to bake cakes from home??! you won't get past inspection". I was really offended as a) the cats do not come into my kitchen it is totally separated from the rest of my house and b) I have been health and safety certified and inspected and local authority registered and c) I don't see why loving my pets should mean I am unclean in any way! in fact I think I am quite the opposite as I am even more conscious of my health and safety regulations. I do not even wash my pet's bowls in my kitchen sink. Have to say the comment i received really stuck to me - then i saw other people's kitchens/homes and were like "mmm mine is cleaner and i have pets!!!"

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:30pm
post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutcakeuk

Thought I would just share that I have had an issue with cats when I told someone I have cats they were like "and you are going to bake cakes from home??! you won't get past inspection". I was really offended as a) the cats do not come into my kitchen it is totally separated from the rest of my house and b) I have been health and safety certified and inspected and local authority registered and c) I don't see why loving my pets should mean I am unclean in any way! in fact I think I am quite the opposite as I am even more conscious of my health and safety regulations. I do not even wash my pet's bowls in my kitchen sink. Have to say the comment i received really stuck to me - then i saw other people's kitchens/homes and were like "mmm mine is cleaner and i have pets!!!"

Just curious what state you're in. In Kansas you cannot have pets PERIOD if you are an inspected/licensed home business.

allaboutcakeuk Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:36pm
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutcakeuk

Just curious what state you're in. In Kansas you cannot have pets PERIOD if you are an inspected/licensed home business.

Im in the UK icon_biggrin.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:54am
post #35 of 38

After I typed that I wondered if you were outside the US. I was told even if I built a seperate building on my property I could not have a pet in the house. That makes no sense to me whatsoever!

allaboutcakeuk Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 8:26am
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

After I typed that I wondered if you were outside the US. I was told even if I built a seperate building on my property I could not have a pet in the house. That makes no sense to me whatsoever!

Kansaslaura I can't believe even if you built a separate kitchen they would not allow it. Here in the UK cake making/decorating is seen as a very "low risk" food preparation. I'm not sure what fillings are you all use, it would be more high risk here if I used a lot of fresh cream etc and I would not get permission if I wanted to make/sell high risk foods like meat, poultry or if I had to keep food at a certain temperature once cooked. There are still strict guidelines and I have to keep logs of all cleaning and fridge/freezer temperature checks etc. every day. I'm always surprised about this for the US - when you see what they do to takes on like Ace of Cakes sticking in wires direct into cakes and using pieces of wood/electrics to make stuff which we would not be allowed to do here, yet they won't allow people who are making just great cakes without all this to have permission to run a business from home. Its a shame icon_sad.gif

auntyjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntyjo Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 9:59pm
post #37 of 38

earlier this year i made a snooker table cake for my sister in law from her kids to their dad and his twin brother we were all sat in the living room nattering away kids playing nicely donna (my sister in law) said i'd better go and move the cake from the table so the little kids don't attack it, the nxt thing we know, within seconds of saying it, my oldest niece came in and said '' mum amber and rosie are eating the cake'' all we could hear coming from the kitchen was ''ummmmm that bit nice'' ''ummmmmmmmmm nice'' and there they were standing on chairs either side of the cake taking the snooker ball off the top lol

asaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asaye Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 7:19am
post #38 of 38

I used to have a pet goat that was orphaned at birth. She was raised by me and my dogs (mastiffs) and she thought she was one of them. She ran thru the doggie door with them all the time. One day I made a Strawberry cake to take to dinner at a friends house. I left the cake on the kitchen counter while I went to get dressed. Then I heard a loud crash from the kitchen. Yep........Maggie goat, Strawberry cake, what a mess! No time to make another cake. I just took a picture of her eating their cake and gave it to them instead of the cake. Everybody had a good laugh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%