How Do You Do 1000 Fondant Covered Cookies?

Baking By Dreme Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 6:17am by Bfisher2

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 6

Just curious as to how/when to get this done. How would you do it?

Oh....what do you do when they are more detailed, say takes about 30 minutes per cookie to do?

5 replies
Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 6

For me the quantity required impacts my design choice so with 1000 to do I would keep it simple, simple can be beautiful when well done. Post what your design is maybe someone can help you shave some time off your decorating.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 6

Start early. Charge a fortune.

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 6

I was just curious as what to do in this situation. The 1000 was just a figure. The amount of cookies clients are wanting is going up. So far the most is 200, but they were simple monogram hearts. People are wanting the more detailed ones I have done in the past such as the wedding dresses, which are harder to do. They want the details to be captured in their design, which I can normally do and want to do because of the price tag. Normally this is easy in small amounts, but I want to know what to do when I have to do it in high volumes.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 6:03am
post #5 of 6

On a less facetious note, I'm sure the more cookies you do the faster you'll gets and you'll start finding short cuts that let you do more detailed work in less time. Of course, if you're wildly successful, you could start training people to help you with the proces. I'm a total ditz at making cookies, so "charge a fortune" is what I would have to do to break even, and then, naturally, nobody would buy. The best thing I can wish you is so much success that you actually WILL get orders for thousands of cookies and that you find your way to becoming lightening fast at decorating them!

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 6:17am
post #6 of 6

icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%