Hello cookie makers!
Its so much fun to see everyones creations and variations on a theme!
As the first poster of the June theme SPCC got to choose for the month of July. The July 2010 Cookie Club theme is"independence."
That means that ANY cookies you make related to that theme fits have fun creating!!!
Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (based on Cake_Princess' original post from a few years ago):
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnt a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures).
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!!
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).
* The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by the first person to post a picture the previous month. That person should PM Bonniebakes with your theme choice before the month is over so that the new thread can be started on the 1st of the month (or within a day or two from the 1st).
Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!
Hi, bonniebakes! I've been waiting all day to see what the new theme is. I even have cookie dough made. Now all I need is time and an idea or two. Oh, well, I hope to send you something in a day or two, because today and tomorrow all I'm going to be doing are cakes (and clean-up!). Great topic, SPCC, and very topical!!
I think I will skip this month
haha that is what she said that you all did that topic last time and not to many people did it. Can no one thing of something that makes you independent? a new car? a new house? going away to college? hmm?!?!?!
Great job! The thought of one enormous cookie....mmmmmmmmmm!
(pssst...you got 56 'stars' ...((oo)) )
ETA: Just messin'.
Hahahaha! All4cake, you just gave me a huge scare! I'd even gone to a website that details how the stars are laid out and how far down the blue square should go on the stripes to make it just right. I think my heart stopped for a second.
I just saw this cookie on your thread about how sometimes everything just goes right. I was wondering why you hadn't posted it on the July cookie club thread. So glad to see you did! I really like it!!! What did you use for icing - RI or glacé?
Awesome job! Ok, you got me too, I counted the stars! HA! Really neat how the rack made the stripes.
I used glace icing to decorate the cookie.
I know. I was SO excited about the accidental stripes.
Thank you for the nice comments!
Nice job letsgetcaking! No doubt it'll taste as good as it looks!
Really nice cookie!!
Looks really good. I have an idea for one, but I need to wait until next week to make them. Hopefully it wont look weird.
Wow! Love the giant flag cookie. What a great idea!
Oh, maybe I'll participate.. I've got an idea!
OMG!! So cool gemini!!
Love the firecrackers in sunglasses! And so cleanly done!
The "1st steps" cookie is adorable. Great job translating the photo into edible art, and what a clever interpretation of the theme.
Here's my entry. It's hard to see, but the white banner says "Independence" and the rounds cookie says the same thing, along with "Freedom" and "Liberty".
That is quite a collection endymion! Those fireworks look like you took a snapshot of the sky last night but, my favorite is the one with the red/white/blue ruffle. How did you do the ruffle?
All of those are so awesome. Great job.
Thanks! The ruffle is fondant. I took strips of different colored fondant and rolled them together into one long piece. The took a couple of chopsticks -- one on top and one underneath -- to make accordian folds all the way down the strip. Then formed a circle/ring and attached it to the cookie with icing.
letsgetcaking- I love the big flag! and thanks for the thread on your success with that big cookie!
Thanks for sharing! That's a LOT of work!
WOW! That cookie is stunning, all4cake! Simply incredible! And endymion, I LOVE your bunting done in fondant! What a cool idea! The variety of decorating mediums on this thread has been sensational. I look forward to seeing each and every new post.
Wow! I love all of these cookies! Gemini, your firecracker cookies are so cute and perfect! All4cake, I love your creative idea for independence. At first I thought it must have been a cake because it was so detailed. It looks like a painting. Endymion, I love all of your cookies, too! The ruffle is so cool! I want to try that some day.
yours was the first I saw and had to post an big
WOW! All of these cookies are so amazing! Way to go GeminiRJ, Drakegore, All4Cake & Endymion!