How Do You Turn Pictures Into Sugar Transfers..can You??

Decorating By CutiePiesCakes Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 5:26pm by joaaaann

CutiePiesCakes Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request for a marilyn monroe cake and cannot find sugar transfers anywhere but I know it's possible to get sugar transfers of pictures...does anyone have any idea of going about this lol this is an URGENT post !!1 icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

7 replies
KHalstead Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 8

you can do a frozen buttercream transfer?? basically print out the photo in "reverse" of how you want the image to show up,put a sheet of wax paper over it, then trace it with icing, fill in with icing, freeze it and stick it on the cake, peel away wax paper

Here is a cake with one on it!
LL

TexasSugar Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 8

By Sugar Transfers do you mean edible images? Some groceries stories do them, but they won't do them of copyrighted images.

icingimages Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:45am
post #4 of 8

We print custom images if you need it done

CutiePiesCakes Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 8

I need 4 pictures of marilyn monroe. i have the pictures and their all different. they dont need to be very big, how much would it be? i checked with our grocery store and for a sheet of wallets its 8 $

Thanks!!

Loucinda Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 8

That is about what you are going to pay for an edible image. Our stores here charge $6 - $10 depending on what it is.

I just bought my first edible image printer and used it last night....what a time saver!! It isn't something I will use all the time, but boy is it handy for when I DO need it! icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 8

The $8 is a good price, I would get it there.

Loucinda, be sure you print something, at least once a week, even if it is on regular paper. This keeps your ink fresh and reducing the chances of clogs!

joaaaann Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 8

I have a question about that cuz I have considered buying one of these printers. I had heard that the cartridges do tend to clog up when not used regularly and that it may be more of a pain unless you plan on using a lot. So I've been holding off for that reason. But if an image was printed once a week, and on sugar paper( rather than reg paper) can't it be wrapped and saved for use on a later date so it's not 'wasted ink' so to speak? If so..what would be the proper way to store it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%