60Th Anniversay Cake

Decorating By djcakes Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 3:24pm by Sucrea

djcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djcakes Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 4

my parents will be celebrating 60 years of marriage next week and I am stumped on a special design for them. I know they like chocolate cake, but I'm feeling imaginationallly-challenged and can't come up with a design or filling idea. And what color is apprioate for a 60 year anniversary? I know all you ccers can help me. This won't be a large cake, twp tierd ..(no party this time) but I really want it give them a special cake this year.

For their 59th anniversary I made a two tiered choc wasc, covered in fondat with two bears (not bare} sitting on a park bench, her holding a boquet of red roses and him with a Cubs baseball cap and tiny hearts on their chests. They really liked it. So now I want to step it up a notch. I would so appreciate your thoughts.

3 replies
sillyoldpoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyoldpoohbear Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 4

60 years of marriage is usually diamond so perhaps you could base it around that theme, that's what I did for my dh's nana & gramps when it was their 60th. I did a diamond shape cake with white gumpaste lillies with swarvoski crystal stamens.

Wait til you get to 65 years that's a real stumper. I had to do one for my mom's friends & hadn't got a clue. It also didn't help that the man was gluten intollerant.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 4

I just foundout on google, that 60th anniversary color is diamond white and the diamond is the gemstone. There is no flower for 60th ann., but they suggest a different white flower for each decade.

So, how about fondant diamond shapes around sides of cake with some kind of white sparkle dust, with isomalt diamonds at each point.
or
diamond impression mat with bling at each point.

The different white flowers (maybe all in similar shape) with some kind of white sparkle dust on them, in the center of cake with the number 60 bursting out of the flowers. The topper could be made in white gumpaste, sparkle dust and isomalt diamonds. HTH

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 4

According to about.com, 60th ann is yellow diamond tradionally and diamond modern. My idea is to have a white fondant two tiered cake with two champagne glasses on the top (surrounded by the flowers that were in their wedding) with heart shaped yellow diamonds flowing up and over the sides of the glasses and down the cake representing all the love that has flowed since the wedding. Probably corny but it was my first thought. Good luck and lets see pics when you're done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%