Got The Wrong Dang Cake Mix!

Baking By chellescountrycakes Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 7:56am by mustang1964

chellescountrycakes Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 3

I wasnt thinking and grabbed up a few cases of the wrong cake mix! I got betty crocker instead of DH.

Is there anything i can do to make it more moist?

I am cooking 2 mixes in a 10 inch square, at 315 for how ever long it takes.. I'm cooking it right up till it doesnt stick to the wooden stick.

They are not up the standards of my usual cakes and I'm ashamed to use them.

I havent made my grocery run, I have plenty of oil, but not much else.

Anyone got any tips? we have awful weather here, I dont want to leave the house and load up 4 kids and drive 20 miles to town!! All ideas welcome- and you can even call me an idiot! icon_smile.gif I just wasnt thinking when I was in town last night- I got the cake order at 8:30, and had to get my kids from my grandfathers so I was rushing home!! LOL

2 replies
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 6:44am
post #2 of 3

I'm sorry that I can't help you with the BC cake mix. I use Duncan Hines exclusively. What do you mean by "not up to the standards of my usual cakes"? did they not bake up as good? One reason I like Duncan Hines mix better is that each box produces about 1 1/2 cups more batter than BC or PB.

mustang1964 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 7:56am
post #3 of 3

mamawrobin
Do you mean dh mix will bake a bigger cake per mix than bc?
Since you use only dh have you used their red velvet? I baked one the other day and it was horribly dry. I think I may have baked it to long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%