How To Decorate A Cake From Icing To Fondant? Any Good Tips

Decorating By cakenbak33 Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 11:05pm by badkitty

cakenbak33 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 5

I always screw up with the icing and the fondant, either my fondant is to dry or too sticky...or just in general looks ridiculous! I need help can someone give me step by step of what they do and how they cover there cakes and what kind of fondant do you use?? whats the best? and evertime I make lil people with fondant they start to wrinkle and crack after awhile why?? I see everyone elses and they look perfect. I just need help in general haha I love decorating cakes I just need a lil direction! thanks you!!

4 replies
tracycakes Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 5

there are lots of topics on this website already that discuss everything you are requesting. I suggest you start in the Cake Decorating forum and start reading. There's a whole potload of information out here to dessiminate.

cakenbak33 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I have been reading a lot but haven't gotten anywhere yet. icon_sad.gif

Kibosh Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 5

I would check out you tube. They seem to cover every demonstration you could think of icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck thumbs_up.gif

badkitty Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 5

You tube, definitely. There are some amazing videos out there. Watching different people's techniques can be extremely helpful. What works for one person might not work for you, but I bet you'll find someone who's instruction style just clicks for you! icon_biggrin.gif Good luck and have fun!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%