Cake Not Coming Out Of Pan!!

Decorating By SmAsH-CaKeS Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 12:40pm by LindaF144a

SmAsH-CaKeS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SmAsH-CaKeS Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 9

Help!! I am using one of those Wilton shapes cake pans and my cake is not coming out of it now. I put oil and flour in before I poured the cake too....

8 replies
ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 9

Is it a new pan? I've sometimes had trouble with pans until they've been washed several times or put through the dishwasher. I now always put new pans through the dishwasher twice before using. Sounds crazy but it seemed to help me :>)

cakenbak33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenbak33 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycknits

Is it a new pan? I've sometimes had trouble with pans until they've been washed several times or put through the dishwasher. I now always put new pans through the dishwasher twice before using. Sounds crazy but it seemed to help me :>)

I had the same problem with the wilton car pan
I agree with what she said, I would wash it a couple times, also I use up pilsbury spray wit flour and I cake it on the pan haha and it plops right out now :0 good luck hope this helped!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 9

It's not reccomended to put Wilton pans into the dishwasher, they turn a weird colour. Wash by hand and i never never had a problem when using the homemade cake release

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 7:38am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

It's not reccomended to put Wilton pans into the dishwasher, they turn a weird colour. Wash by hand and i never never had a problem when using the homemade cake release

I use only homemade cake release...never had a cake to stick either thumbs_up.gif

Ditto on putting the pans in the dishwasher. That's a big no no. It will ruin your pans and it will also discolor them. I don't put ANY of my baking pans in the dishwasher. thumbs_up.gif

SugarNSpiceDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarNSpiceDiva Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:43am
post #6 of 9

Maybe this is a silly question, but did you try tapping it?

Sometimes my cakes don't like to come out, I gotta tap all around the sides and on the bottom a few times to get it to come out. That always works for me. Another thing I used to do was run a butter knife all around between the cake and the pan on the sides, then tap it. But I don't know how that would work with the shaped pans. I never used those. Or waiting a little longer for the cake to cool off before trying to take it out.

Anyway, like I said, these are probably silly common sense suggestions. But good luck! I hope you figure it out.

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:00am
post #7 of 9

Try popping it in the freezer for 10-20 minutes. Then turn it over and tap the back of the pan with the back of a spoon. Hope that helps! Good luck.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:35am
post #8 of 9

Try putting it back into a warm oven, just enough to warm up the cake release you used.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 9

I had to laugh. In the span of two message the advice went from freezing to warming in the oven!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%