Pricing Help, Please!!!

Decorating By Twizzles Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 5:20pm by myslady

Twizzles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twizzles Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 4

Our town does not have a bakery, so I called the next biggest town that only has one,( except for Walmart, which said their 3 tier were starting at $135.00, but I don't even include their crappy cakes, and asked what it would cost for a 2 tier, 8 & 12 inch cake with basic rose buttercream icing and basic decorations. They told me it would cost $125.00. So that's what, a little over $2.00 a serving. I asked what it would cost to get fondant instead, and she said a extra $25.00 - $30.00.

So my question is, it seems she should have upped her price on the fondant, how should I charge if that's what people are paying and what about per serving if I do royal icing or gumpast flowers?????

Thanks

3 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 4

How far away is that town from you?

Twizzles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twizzles Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:07am
post #3 of 4

Well, the town with no bakery of any sort is 6 miles away and the town with a bakery besides Walmart's bakery is 18 miles awayicon_smile.gif

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 4

It's all in the marketing then for you to set your prices. think of the benefits you can offer that they can't - they don't have to worry about driving 36 miles round trip to get a cake.

charge extra for gumpaste flowers, I personally don't view royal icing any different than buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%