Condensed Milk Fondant Recipe

Baking By yummycupcake Updated 28 Jun 2011 , 9:16pm by cordelia17

yummycupcake Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:22am
post #1 of 6

Hello CC!

I found a store in Mexico that has cake decorating classes . They have a class for fondant. One of the recipes is fondant de gamuza. I think they use sweetened condensed milk and/or powder milk to make the recipe.

Does anyone has a fondant recipe that uses any of these ingredients?

Pleaseeeee icon_sad.gif

5 replies
LindaF144a Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 6

This in interesting. I would say post in the spanish forum. You could take your question and run it through a converter and hope it doesn't come out with the sentence structure in the correct order like it does when you do it the other way around.

If you find one post it here, this sounds interesting.

foxymomma521 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 6
ZlatkaT Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 6

The recipe is also commonly used in Czech Republic. They use a powdered milk to make fondant. I have this recipe if that help. But I have to say, it tastes good, but is not as pliable as I would like. Also here in US I find only Fat free powdered milk, and I think that is the problem. BUT I was able to modify the fondant, using gelatin and other ingredients, and it works fine for me. if you are interested, PM me for the modified recipe, it's kind of long to post here.
So, here is the original recipe:
400 g powdered milk
1 can (397g) condensed milk
2 tsp Crisco
almond extract
water your hands when kneed

yummycupcake Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 4:06am
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much!

cordelia17 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 6

A friend of mine from a cake decorating class told me how to make condensed milk fondant. I haven't tried it yet, but she makes it by mixing equal amounts of condensed milk and powdered milk and then adds just enough coconut milk to make it into a pliable dough. I have tasted it and it is absolutely delicious. I am not sure it would work to cover an entire cake in this type of fondant because its consistency is more like rolled butter cream. If anyone tries the recipe let me know how it went.

Quote by @%username% on %date%