Yes Another Mmf ????

Decorating By S1eepygrl Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 4:10pm by Herekittykitty

S1eepygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S1eepygrl Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 9

Hay Y'all,

Will MMF loose it stickyness after it rest? I have not done anything but kneeded it with my KA armed with the dough hook. Wrapped it in plastic and then into a zip lock. Was going to color it in the morning.

Should I pull it out and kneed more powdered sugar in now?

Thanks in advance
S1eepygrl and almost 9 year old DD

8 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:53am
post #2 of 9

It should not have been sticky when you made it. You definately need to add more p/s if it is. It should be satiny smooth when you are done kneading it when you make it.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:56am
post #3 of 9

If it isn't real sticky, I would let it rest overnight. It may get to dry if you add it now. You'll get a better idea of how sticky it is if you let it rest overnight. It is easier to add later than to try and moisten it back up.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:01am
post #4 of 9

If it is just a bit sticky after the rest period I knead a bit of shortening into it. If it is really sticky after the rest period I knead more PS into it.

S1eepygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S1eepygrl Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 4:15am
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the replies. It was real sticky so we added about 1.5 cups more sugar, and it smoothed out.

My DD does noy like hand kneeding! LOL!!! She weighted what we need for each color and guess who is doin' it...ME!!! She didn't last long at all.

Thanks for the help!!!

OH what do I need Crisco for? To keep it from sticking to the board we are covering or ????

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:38pm
post #6 of 9

Crisco softens fondant, takes away minor stickiness of fondant, can be used to attach fondant to a cake board, can be used to roll fondant out on -
it has a lot of uses

EllieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllieA Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 9

Just in case - if when you roll it out, it cracks and you have to do it again or put PS underneath it and it becomes dry, just take a cup of marshmellows, one tablespoon of water, microwave them for 2 minutes and add to your dried out MMF. It works like a charm. Anything that touches the MMF must be covered with Crisco or else it will be very hard to wash - KA container, the paddle, your hands, the bowl you microwave the marshmellos in, etc.! Good Luck!

EllieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllieA Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 9

Just in case - if when you roll it out, it cracks and you have to do it again or put PS underneath it and it becomes dry, just take a cup of marshmellows, one tablespoon of water, microwave them for 2 minutes and add to your dried out MMF. It works like a charm. Anything that touches the MMF must be covered with Crisco or else it will be very hard to wash - KA container, the paddle, your hands, the bowl you microwave the marshmellos in, etc.! Good Luck!

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 9

Made some last night for the first time in the KA. Think I'll stick to hand kneeding. It doesn't take long to make and less to wash. BTW, its sugar, pure sugar, hot, hot water will disolve it like nobody's business, with no dishwasher, you learn the tricks. icon_smile.gif

Be sure to crisco your hands while kneeding if it's sticky, I also crisco when adding color, helps keep your hands from getting stained.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%