Two-Colour Swirl Icing

Decorating By Amandajacobson Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 3:38am by dmo4ab

Amandajacobson Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:15am
post #1 of 6

Anyone care to share how to ice cupcakes with two-color buttercream swirls? Thanks much!!

5 replies
Kitagrl Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:28am
post #2 of 6

Sure! Just fill the one bag with both colors of icing, making sure the one color is on one side and the other on the other side.

OR if one is a darker color, you can just make a big thick stripe of the darker icing down one side of the bag, and put white or the lighter color in to fill the rest. I did that for "zebra" striped cupcakes recently in my photos.

Vimalai21 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:47am
post #3 of 6

That's exactly how I do it too. If you need visuals you can go onto youtube and check out SeriousCakes videos, I believe its her pharmacy cake and cuppies video that show exactly how she does it.

Jennifer1970 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:56am
post #4 of 6

There are disposable plastic decorating bags you can get that are split in the middle, so you fill each side easier with the different colors.

ladyk333 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

I've also heard that you can wrap one color of icing in plastic wrap with one open end, insert into piping bag - do the same with the other color and place beside the first in the piping bag. Both colors should flow out together for a two color swirl.

dmo4ab Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:38am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyk333

I've also heard that you can wrap one color of icing in plastic wrap with one open end, insert into piping bag - do the same with the other color and place beside the first in the piping bag. Both colors should flow out together for a two color swirl.

This is exactly the method I used to do three colors on my tie dyed cupcakes. I think there is a tutorial at the top of this forum how to make the icing plugs with plastic. It's super easy and make cleanup a snap!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%