Whipped Cream Filling?

Decorating By RogueJediPrincess Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 7:22am by sweettreat101

RogueJediPrincess Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I want to make a cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries in the middle. My problem is that every time I fill a cake with whipped cream it melts to nothing in the middle. Any ideas or help? Thanks

5 replies
julesh268 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 6

Are you making your own whipped cream or store bought. You could add stable to it to keep it from turning to liquid at room temp. I would probably do a think layer of bc on top and bottom to seal the cake. And...keep it cold.

sweettreat101 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 8:09am
post #3 of 6

I use two cups heavy cream and one small box of instant pudding. Whip until peaks form. You can either do a layer of filling and then a layer of fresh strawberries or fold them together. This is my most requested filling, nice and stable. I just did this for my brothers wedding cake and they ate the entire three tiers by the end of the night.

julesh268 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 12:52am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

I use two cups heavy cream and one small box of instant pudding. Whip until peaks form. You can either do a layer of filling and then a layer of fresh strawberries or fold them together. This is my most requested filling, nice and stable. I just did this for my brothers wedding cake and they ate the entire three tiers by the end of the night.

What flavor pudding? Vanilla?

Cakelayer Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:45am
post #5 of 6

For whipped cream that doesn't get watery I use "Manufacturing Whipping Cream" from Smart and Final plus I use a powdered product called Whipped Cream Aid from my local cake supply store. I just whip it with powered sugar, vanilla and the powder and it holds up really well. I use it for frosting all the time.

DianaJJ

sweettreat101 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 7:22am
post #6 of 6

I tried the whipped cream aid but the instant pudding works and holds up better. Yes I mostly use vanilla pudding. I also like white chocolate, chocolate fudge and banana cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%