Whipped Cream Filling?

Decorating By RogueJediPrincess Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 7:22am by sweettreat101

RogueJediPrincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RogueJediPrincess Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I want to make a cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries in the middle. My problem is that every time I fill a cake with whipped cream it melts to nothing in the middle. Any ideas or help? Thanks

5 replies
julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 6

Are you making your own whipped cream or store bought. You could add stable to it to keep it from turning to liquid at room temp. I would probably do a think layer of bc on top and bottom to seal the cake. And...keep it cold.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 8:09am
post #3 of 6

I use two cups heavy cream and one small box of instant pudding. Whip until peaks form. You can either do a layer of filling and then a layer of fresh strawberries or fold them together. This is my most requested filling, nice and stable. I just did this for my brothers wedding cake and they ate the entire three tiers by the end of the night.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 12:52am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

I use two cups heavy cream and one small box of instant pudding. Whip until peaks form. You can either do a layer of filling and then a layer of fresh strawberries or fold them together. This is my most requested filling, nice and stable. I just did this for my brothers wedding cake and they ate the entire three tiers by the end of the night.

What flavor pudding? Vanilla?

Cakelayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelayer Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:45am
post #5 of 6

For whipped cream that doesn't get watery I use "Manufacturing Whipping Cream" from Smart and Final plus I use a powdered product called Whipped Cream Aid from my local cake supply store. I just whip it with powered sugar, vanilla and the powder and it holds up really well. I use it for frosting all the time.

DianaJJ

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 7:22am
post #6 of 6

I tried the whipped cream aid but the instant pudding works and holds up better. Yes I mostly use vanilla pudding. I also like white chocolate, chocolate fudge and banana cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%