Looking For Crispy Meringue Cookie Recipe.

Baking By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 12:17am by SecretAgentCakeBaker

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 4

I don't really care for the standard meringue cookies that are made at home. They are chewy and have a large hollow space.

I would really love to find a recipe to make meringue cookies that are like the Miss Meringue cookies. Those are the kind you can find in some stores; they come in a round plastic container and there are flavors like chocolate, mint chocolate chip, vanilla, etc. They're very crispy all the way through, and fairly solid.

Thanks so much!

3 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 4

This is what Miss meringue cookies look like in the package.

In searching the web, I found there is a contest currently to win a trip to Paris. You have to make a recipe using Miss Meringue cookies in it.

rhondab Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 4

getting them crisp usually requires leaving cookies in the turned off but still warm oven for an extended time period so that they dry out completely

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:17am
post #4 of 4

Yes, I've done that, but they still tend to be chewy and have that large hollow space. Thank you though! icon_smile.gif

I bought some of the Miss Meringues today. They are really dense. I'm almost thinking that they are made with a different kind of meringue. The website said they use a French recipe. All of the meringue recipes I have tried just have you whip up the egg white * sugar until stiff peaks. I'm thinking there is something else, like maybe making a sugar syrup and mixing that in, similar to one of the meringue frosting recipes. Does anyone have a recipe like that?

Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%