Khalstead Has The Best Ideas!

Lounge By Elcee Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 3:35pm by Elcee

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 13

KHalstead, I was going to send you a PM about this but thought, why not give you props in public? icon_smile.gif I just used your tip on melting buttercream in the microwave and it was AWESOME! I made cream puffs today with pastry cream filling and used my fudge buttercream frosting for the top. I melted the frosting a bit and then dipped the tops of the puffs into it. It was perfect! They now remind me of eclairs we used to get as kids back east. My DH will be so happy with dessert tonight!

Thanks again!
LL

12 replies
neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 13

Can I have a couple of dozen? Yummy!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:37am
post #3 of 13

She sure does. Thanks Khalstead!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 13

Looks delicous! She does have good ideas!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 13

awww....thank you guys so much (you could mail me some!! lol) Those are my absolutely FAVORITE dessert EVER!!! I could eat 50 of them easily!! lol

Elcee Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:24pm
post #6 of 13

Your welcome! Help yourself to the ones in the photo! In the time I've been on here I have learned so much from your posts. You are someone whose advice I trust.

Thanks!

KHalstead Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 13

where did you get that cake plate?? SO adorable!!!

Elcee Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 13

Isn't it great? I love it! It's the perfect size for a 6" cake or 4 or 5 cupcakes. I actually won it in a Wilton/Michael's cake challenge. I got that and some of the new Wilton cupcake liners for coming in 1st for customer's choice and I got the cutest cupcake necklace for 1st place overall. It was for the lime green wedding cake in my pics.

KHalstead Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 5:01pm
post #9 of 13

oh wow, that's awesome!!! I can certainly see why you won!! An hour and a half to decorate??? Tell me that DID not include putting on the fondant? That would be nuts!

Elcee Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

oh wow, that's awesome!!! I can certainly see why you won!! An hour and a half to decorate??? Tell me that DID not include putting on the fondant? That would be nuts!

Thanks! We could bring them covered with icing or fondant and we could make the decorations ahead of time. So, I had my 3 tiers covered and prepped for stacking and had made the rose topper ahead of time. All I had to do there was cut out and apply the "love" letters, outline one of the "love"s, stack, scroll, border and put on the topper. I had been really practicing my scrollwork and have done better than that. I had no idea how nervewracking it would be to have a time limit and to have people watching! My hands shook the whole time. I really want the chance to make another topper like that, though. The original plan was to make it a sphere of roses but I didn't make enough of them.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 12:13pm
post #11 of 13

She is definitely helpful and an important asset of Cake Central.

Those look sooooo delish!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 3:07pm
post #12 of 13

I agree. thumbs_up.gif AND....she makes some really beautiful cakes.....

Elcee Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 3:35pm
post #13 of 13

So many threads end up with sometimes conflicting advice in them. In that case I always look for KHalstead's and put my money there icon_smile.gif. JMHO!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%