Help! Just Used Instant Mix Of Squires Kitchen Mexican Paste

Baking By irisheyesxx Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 11:16pm by Moondance

irisheyesxx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisheyesxx Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 8

have a problem have just used the instant mix of squires kitchen mexican paste i followed instructions for 250 g bag added 30mls of water mixed but not sure after that by what instructions mean they say. it will need to stand for several hours. place in polythene bag. does that mean let stand in bowl for several hours uncovered or in polythene bag tried putting in bag but its stuck all over it cant c how i goin to get it into one piece! Help please. was hopin to make a shoe with it today! thanks for all ur help in advance.

7 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:29pm
post #2 of 8

Go on line and google mexican paste mixing instructions. If that doesn't help, call the Squires customer service and ask them. Betcha won't start a project again without reading and making sure you understand all the instructions!

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 8

http://www.patchworkcutters.com/POM/pom_mexican1.asp

Here are some instructions for making Mexican Paste.

irisheyesxx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisheyesxx Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 8

thanks for that info dsilvest it was a great help. minicuppie you are right about making sure i have my info before i start in future! anyway it turned out alright have it coloured and will be able to try my shoe tomo. thanks

nordi2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nordi2008 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 8

this mexican paste is like fondant or gumpaste icon_confused.gif

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 8

Like gumpaste

nordi2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nordi2008 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 8

icon_confused.gif tragacanth is like gumtex or tylose icon_confused.gif lol thank you for your help thumbs_up.gif

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 8

you have to knead it really well until all the ingredients are well mixed and it is smooth and pliable Then wrap well in poly bags, excluding the air, and leave to rest for about 12 hours - not in the fridge, it shoud be really hard - then take off small pieces, knead well, wrap into individual portions and freeze until required

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%