Dartboard Cake

Decorating By newmum Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 6:00am by VeronicaLuis

newmum Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 10:25am
post #1 of 4

Hi i'm hoping someone can help me, i'm kinda new to all this i've done small cakes before but my husband's birthday is coming up and he is darts mad so i'd love to make the dartboard cake i've seen on this site. Would anyone possibly be able to give me some instructions on getting the proper decorating effect please. thanks in advance

3 replies
VeronicaLuis Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:29am
post #2 of 4

If you like eating fondant you could cut out all the shapes as in white, black, green, red areas and mark out you cake and arrange all the fondant on to look like the dart board. Me personally I would do a frozen buttercream transfer (FBCT) because I don't like eating fondant. And I would probably do it faster as a FBCT. If you do the FBCT don't forget to print it as a mirror image so that when you flip it onto your cake the number will be the right way around.

newmum Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 4

thank you i think i'll go with the fbct save a lot of time and heartache icon_lol.gif

VeronicaLuis Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 6:00am
post #4 of 4

Also if you want your numbers to stick out you could go over them once you flip your FBCT onto your cake. I do prefer FBCT it quick and easy, the fondant would be way more fiddly. Good luck with your cake and I can't wait to see pictures. I hope I helped.

Quote by @%username% on %date%