Ideas For Depicting Family

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm by jayarr

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 7

I am doing a 40th birthday cake and am incorporating all the things that are important to the man. One of the things is his family and his wife had mentioned stick people but is ultimately leaving it up to me. I want to do something 3D but I don't want to sculpt 5 people. I like the idea of 3D stick people but can't figure out how they would work. Any ideas for me? Thanks!!

Angela

6 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 7

you could 3d stick people, using toothpicks, skewers or spaghetti as support within in the figures.

ajmccray Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:17am
post #3 of 7

So just snake some black and tooth pick it? I'm thinking of doing a pink triangle for the girls' bodies but what do you do for boys' bodies? Pair of blue shorts/pants?

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:39am
post #4 of 7

what about piping the stick people with royal icing? use a large tip like an8...that way they would be good and strong?

ajmccray Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 7

I had considered royal icing but I don't know how difficult it is to color RI black? I don't have an 8 tip but I have a 12? Do you pipe and stick toothpicks in them so they stand up? Thanks for your help!

honuwebd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honuwebd Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:40pm
post #6 of 7

it's a pain in the butt to color it black...the best results I've found is to use cocoa powder to darken it to begin with and use the americolor super black to try and get it to your color. You're probably going to have to let it sit overnight to take color...I left it almost 2 days to get it the correct color.

The Stick figure idea is adorable!

jayarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayarr Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the great post,i love to read ideas that are informative and beneficial.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%