Fbct

Decorating By kger Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 2:47am by kger

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:08am
post #1 of 4

I have to learn FBCT in a jiffy for a cake for Saturday. I've never done it before. Is it difficult to learn? Should I practice a few beforehand? How long can it stay frozen? If I do it well enough on Tuesday or Wed. for example, will it be ok in the freezer until Friday night?

Also, I've seen some examples that appear to be filled in with star tips and some that are just smooth. Are these 2 different techniques, like maybe the star tip is not FBCT?

3 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:12am
post #2 of 4

FBCT is really pretty easy to learn, but it probably wouldn't hurt to practice beforehand.

Here's a link to a tutorial here on CC:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:12am
post #3 of 4

YEs, it's easy to learn. VERY! Yes, I would do a practice one. The longer they are in the freezer, the easier they are to work with. (I leave mine in freezer at LEAST 24 hours.)

Things I had to work on when I first started was watching for air holes or tunnels in the flat side. It looked all filled in while I was working on it, but when I flipped it out on the cake, there were little gaps. So set it up on something where you can look at the underside periodically while you're working on it.

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:47am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the feedback. I found some tutorials and I'm going to try to procure some plexiglass tomorrow so I can work on this. I'm so excited!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%