Lolli Cakes???

Decorating By grammaof3 Updated 20 Feb 2011 , 8:57pm by Corrie76

grammaof3 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:54am
post #1 of 11

Please, Please someone help, I had a client call and wanted to know if I could do Lolli cakes, (Cakes on a stick) I've researched and tired them but they keep falling off the sticks.. Anyone ever done these?? I've got to give her an answer in a couple of days..
Thanks so much.
Tommie

10 replies
msthang1224 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:59am
post #2 of 11

Have you tried the ones on www.marthastewart.com. I forgot the name of the actual website of the lady who had the original idea of what she calls cake pops. HTH

Kima920 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:17am
post #3 of 11

They are called cake pops or cake balls (without the stick) and the site is bakerella. Her site is www.bakerealla.com she has a whole section on cake pops. I hope that helps you. They are pretty easy to make. I make them as edible favors for events.

msthang1224 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:41am
post #4 of 11

Thanks kima920, I went blank, lol

superwawa Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:45am
post #5 of 11

Yes, definitely check out bakerella.com - she is the queen of cake pops and cake bites/truffles/balls.

Here is the direct link to her basic cake pop recipe - using candy melts or chocolate bark instead of regular chocolate is key. Also her tip to firm up the pops in the freezer before dipping has always worked for me:

http://www.bakerella.com/hope-these-put-a-smile-on-your-face/

Beware her site is addictive with so many adorable ideas!

And here is the link to her cupcake-shaped pops (the ones she made on Martha Stewart):
http://www.bakerella.com/make-your-cupcakes-pop/

cutthecake Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:10am
post #6 of 11

Does anyone know of a way to actually bake cake onto the stick? I don't like the goopiness of cake balls--they're not just cake.

Kima920 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:14am
post #7 of 11

Not that I know because you have the frosting in cake balls as binder to keep the cake on the stick itself. I don't think you baked sticks into cake that it would work. You don't need alot of frosting for cake balls just a little bit it gets goopy when you use too much frosting. Or someone mentioned on here to use a little heavy cream as well.

grammaof3 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:01pm
post #8 of 11

thanks all of you for your help. I actually tried the one from her website.. I will keep trying.. icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:21pm
post #9 of 11

I don't add frosting to mine, I add flavored coffee creamers or cake filling......just enough to get the cake to stick together and NOT be mushy, then I freeze and dip in chocolate. If allowed to thaw the cake wouldn't hold together on it's own, but I like them that way I can't stand the mushiness of the ones with the frosting blended in!!

The chocolate coating is what keeps them together and on the stick

HTH

gingerbreadtogo Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 8:37pm
post #10 of 11

Cutthecake: Wilton has silicone brownie pop pan, I'm guessing it would work with cake. You wouldn't insert the stick until done. At least it would bake little cake pops without the density of a reg "Cake pop".

Corrie76 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 8:57pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammaof3

Please, Please someone help, I had a client call and wanted to know if I could do Lolli cakes, (Cakes on a stick) I've researched and tired them but they keep falling off the sticks.. Anyone ever done these?? I've got to give her an answer in a couple of days..
Thanks so much.
Tommie

are you sure they want cake pops? There's a particular cake that is uncommon in the US called LollyCake, it's sort of like fruit cake but instead of candied fruit it has lolly candy (sort of like circus peanuts but different fruit flavors). If your ct is a foreigner- I'd probably ask a few more questions to find out.
Also, do a google search of "cruffles cake central" , there's a thread somewhere on this forum about "cruffles" they are basically baked cake balls and from what I've heard they are out of this world and baking them helps firm up the outside, which may help with cake pops.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%