Whipped Ganache For All Torted Layers?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 7:23am by fishabel

cherrycakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:03am
post #1 of 3

Or does anyone use BC for one layer of filling? The wedding cake will be white chocolate (a version of WASC) and I've just started wondering if a layer of BC might be nice because the cake will be done in fondant with not too much BC. The wedding is in small town North Dakota snd I don't think many of the guests will be familiar with fondant so they may be looking for some BC! By the way...this is a gift to my cousin so I can do whatever I wish icon_smile.gif

2 replies
msthang1224 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 6:08am
post #2 of 3

Yes, you can use a combination if you like. One layer BC filling then ganache and so forth and so on. Then if your worried about the guest adjusting to the fondant then cover in BC. Or, if you really want to do fondant then go for it. Most guests at weddings only eat a portion of the fondant on a cake anyway. JMHO.

fishabel Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 7:23am
post #3 of 3

Just don't forget if you are using white mud cake it is a bit heavier than buttercake. I did a mud cake the other day, 6 Tiers. Every second layer was done like a mars bar. The marz ones were tripple layered. (they were cake,caramel,cake, chocolate ganache and cake.) But because it was made from mud cake,I put scewers through it to make sure it didn't slide, especially during transit. I hope this makes sence. Then we did BC and then fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%