Edible Images On Cookies

Baking By TartletteTreats Updated 4 Jul 2010 , 4:42pm by Montrealconfections

TartletteTreats Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 20

Sorry if this is a repeat, I did a search and didn't see anything.

I'm putting edible images on sugar cookies and was wondering what to put underneath the image to stick it to the cookie. Do I do an outline and flood as usual? If so, does the image go on immediately?

Thanks!

19 replies
DianeLM Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 20

You can flood as usual. Once it has set, lightly moisten with water and apply your image. I use either a well-wrung paper towel or a fan brush to moisten.

auntginn Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 20

Some people also use fondant, but you would still need a lite coating of the royal icing to make the fondant stick to the cookie and then lightly moisten the fondant to attach the edible paper.

TartletteTreats Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 20

Thanks - that helps a lot!

OneCreativeCookie Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 20

Does anyone know if you can use edible images on GI?

verono Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:18am
post #6 of 20

I use glace.. I let dry about 12-18 hours before applying my image.
I brush a little vodka or tequila on the cookie and then put my edible image on.. And I wait another 12h to bag,

OneCreativeCookie Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:39am
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by verono

I use glace.. I let dry about 12-18 hours before applying my image.
I brush a little vodka or tequila on the cookie and then put my edible image on.. And I wait another 12h to bag,

thank you!!

MariaK38 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:52am
post #8 of 20

I let my RI set for about 2 hours, then put the edible image on top and gently smooth it out. some people have had trouble with wrinkling doing this, but I've never had that happen.
If my RI has already dried for 18-24 hours, I just brush a little clear corn syrup on the back of the image and smooth it on the cookie. But I do like the tequila idea I saw a couple of posts back! icon_biggrin.gif

Maria

icingimages Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:27am
post #9 of 20

Some people like to use a thin RI paint it on the cookies and then adhere the images immediately. But I too like the vodka idea!

verono Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:33pm
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Some people like to use a thin RI paint it on the cookies and then adhere the images immediately. But I too like the vodka idea!

Did you get my private message?
And I've sent an e-mail a few weeks ago, and I never got an answer... I'm really interested in your products but if you don't give any customer service I won't be interested to buy your products.. icon_sad.gif I'm sorry to talk about that directly on the forum but I'm hoping to get answers about your products..

icingimages Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:41am
post #11 of 20

Hi:
I am sorry, I never got a PM from you! We pride ourselves in our customer service and trying to help everyone...customer or not!!!! I appreciate your directness, I would wonder the same thing!! What can I do for you?

icingimages Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:44am
post #12 of 20

We also now have an Icing Images forum on Cake Central under suppliers. That is a great place to ask questions about our products as well.

verono Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 2:04am
post #13 of 20
Quote:

Hi:
I am sorry, I never got a PM from you! We pride ourselves in our customer service and trying to help everyone...customer or not!!!! I appreciate your directness, I would wonder the same thing!! What can I do for you?

But I've sent an e-mail a few weeks back... And I know somebody have read it because I've got a Read Receipt in my email boxe icon_redface.gif

I was wondering if it was possible to buy a "sample" pack with differents products to try.. I have an Epson nx415 but you are listing almost only canon and I was curious to try out because you have interesting sizes and product...

I'm sorry for the directness icon_redface.gif

icingimages Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:21pm
post #14 of 20

Your fine. I did respond to some questions a whiel back regarding the Epson nx415. We have had ongoing email problems, but fortunately we have someone here once and for all to fix the problems. But I do remember responding. AT any rate, we do carry a sample pack with various sizes of our premium paper. There is no charge, for it.
Thanks!

verono Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:36pm
post #15 of 20
Quote:

Your fine. I did respond to some questions a whiel back regarding the Epson nx415. We have had ongoing email problems, but fortunately we have someone here once and for all to fix the problems. But I do remember responding. AT any rate, we do carry a sample pack with various sizes of our premium paper. There is no charge, for it.
Thanks!

I'll contact by email today to know more.. icon_smile.gif
Thanks

verono Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 4:45pm
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by verono

Quote:

Thanks!

I'll contact by email today to know more.. icon_smile.gif
Thanks

E-mail sent icon_wink.gif

icingimages Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:48am
post #17 of 20

And we answered!!!!

verono Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:53am
post #18 of 20
Quote:

And we answered!!!!

And i'm very happy icon_smile.gif

splymale Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 12:56am
post #19 of 20

I use royal icing, i let it dry completely, then i adhere image with vodka, using a paint brush.
i found that if i didn't let the RI dry completely, the image was gooey. good luck!

Montrealconfections Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 4:42pm
post #20 of 20

I always add my edible image to the wet icing, I flood the cookie and apply the image immediately. I let set for a couple of hours then I add the border. I let dry overnight if I want sanding sugar to the border. Waiting for the RI icing to dry then having to add water or some sort of edible adhesive adds a step that isn't necessary in my opinion. Note I use frosting sheets not wafer paper which needs to have the border added ASAP for the edges not to curl up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%