Baby Jaguar Cake

Decorating By cgarner Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 5:14pm by cgarner

cgarner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgarner Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 3

My daughter wants a Diego party for her 4th birthday so I was thinking I would try to make he a 3D jaguar cake. This will be my first attempt at making a 3D cake so I was wondering if anyone has any good advice. Thanks for any ideas you may have.

2 replies
Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 3

Here's a tiger that I made. It was surprisingly simple. The entire body was carved from stacked and filled sheet cakes. The ears and tail are just fondant. The collar hides a tear in the fondant around the neck and after this was taken I added pearl garland (it was for a girl) because I was still unhappy with what was going on there. I tinted the fondant a light orange and used a can of Wilton spray airbrush orange to get the deeper color (easier and quicker), then painted on the stripes and nose/mouth. I used a leaf cutter, 1 medium and 1 small, to cut out the eyes and painted the blue. Leaf and grass border
HTH, you can do it!!
LL

cgarner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgarner Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you. I couldn't decide if I wanted to cover it in fondant or just buttercream but this looks good. If am for sure doing fondant now. I carved a head of styrofoam earlier and made some gumpaste ears to dry. We'll see how the rest goes. Thanks again for the tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%