Laptop Screen Saver

Decorating By Joyful72 Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 5:06pm by Joyful72

Joyful72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyful72 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 4

I'll be making a laptop cake next week and my customer wants the have a personalized "screen saver" w/her favorite photo. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of the best way to go about this?

TIA!

3 replies
Jessica_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessica_Marie Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 4

I would say to get an edible image made of her favorite picture. If you don't have a printer to make one I'm sure where you buy your stuff for your cake probably offer that service. I know the store that I do offer to make edible images.

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 4

Take a picture to Wal-Mart and they will scan it to the size you need for about $6.00 or so. It will be totally edible. Of course I have my own Photofrost edible photo machine and love it for this reason. It sure has help me be creative and keep everything edible . Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

You might get a few copies, if you never worked with the sheets, just peel slowly off. Keep away from air to long before you put on your buttercream cake. You want to put it on your cake as soon , as you have iced it and got it smooth. Don't wait to long. It takes about a 2 hour period to totally become one with your medium. If you are putting it on fondant or gumapaste piece. Take some piping gel lightly water down put on the screen and then lay the photo on. Need any other advice let me know. I have been doing this for about 10 years now . I love mine and always glad to help.

Joyful72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyful72 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 4

Ladies,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I went on vacation, then went immediately into cake mode as soon as we got back. This is the first time I've gotten a chance to respond. Thank you for the advice.

I ended up just printing a real photo out and laminating it since the screen was going to be done using foam core board anyway. Then I "glued" it to the board and covered it with fondant. I figured this way, the birthday girl could keep a copy of the pic. I'll post pics of it when I can access my pics.

Thank you again for the advice. I certainly want to try the edible image one day. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%