Fourth Of July

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 6:36am by bennett5

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 7

Last year we went to a Fourth of July party and I made the little Hamburgers that are cupcakes with brownies as the burger with sugar cookie fries. Everyone RAVED over them. We were invited back this year and they are anticipating what I will bring. Any original ideas out there? I don't want to do the same old flag cake, or berry trifle. Just thought I would ask this gathering of creative minds.

6 replies
awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 7

Do you want cupcakes, cakes or cookies? There are some really cute cookies out there that look like deviled eggs. I have been trying to think of a reason to do those.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 7

could also do these hamburger and hot dog cupcakes, they're always a big hit!

the hamburgers are vanilla wafer cookies with a thin mint candy center, red and yellow icing for ketchup and mustard. The hotdogs are circus peanuts slit in half for the bun and a caramel rolled into a sausage shape for the hot dog, with the ketchup icing as well.
LL

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 7

pot of crabs (you could also make one like a clam bake.) The inside of the cake can be a flag design.

Apple pie is considered very American. You could do something pie related, such the pie pops from Bakerella or mini cherry & blueberry pies.

Red, white & blue Oreos

Red & blue cupcakes or do Elmo & Cookie Monster pops/cupcakes

watermelon cake,

watermelon cake with ants,

or watermelon cookies

fireworks

deviled eggs

corn on the cob

BBQ grill

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 7

I would go on Youtube and check out SeriousCake's spirograph cupcakes. They are called something like that, and you could do a red white and blue 3 toned icing bag or something. Just type in SeriousCakes and go to her page... check out all her videos while your at it! She's great!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 6:11am
post #6 of 7

I also think you could put the flag on the inside of the cake. Ice it simply, and then everyone gets a big surprise when it's cut!

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 6:36am
post #7 of 7

I second the deviled egg cookie idea !! Ive been waitting for the right time to make them too. And the 4th of July is perfect, everyone will think your a clever genious !! And not to mention how easy they look to decorate, 2 colors...how hard is that??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%