How Do I Get Permission To Use A Photo?

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 1:09pm by mayo2222

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 9

I have to make an iphone cake this weekend and it's too late to order an edible image online and the local grocery store won't print it unless I provide a letter from apple stating it's ok to print the image of the iphone screen.

who do I contact though??

8 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 9

Wow I have no idea... Here is a bump, so maybe someone else can help.

Could you maybe make it out of fondant and either paint it on or use food markers. I don't know, just a suggestion icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 9

Steve Jobs secretary? LOL I have no idea. Can you find contact info online for the marketing department?

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 9

You could try writing to the Apple help department, I've heard Steve Jobs has been known to answer emails himself sometimes.

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 9

Edit - Found correct contact:

Trademark
If you have any questions concerning the usage or licensing of Apple trademarks, contact the Trademark department by email at [email protected] or by phone at 408-974-6638.

Copyright
If you have any questions concerning the usage or licensing of Apple copyrighted materials, contact the Rights and Permissions/Copyright department by email at [email protected] or by phone at 408-974-2205.

mayo2222 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 9

Given your level of urgency I would recommend calling them. Best of luck

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:56am
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much, I've emailed them and hopefully will hear back soon. I managed to find someone to print the edible image for me, but I'd really like to have permission before I go ahead and use it! I hate the thought of "stealing" something from someone.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 7:43pm
post #8 of 9

I wouldn't wait for an email I'd give them a call. Emails to big business takes days or weeks to get a response to,

mayo2222 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 9

Just curious if you had heard back from Apple

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%