Cake Cricut - Is What's Included Enough?

Decorating By sarkee Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm by Karen421

sarkee Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 11

I am about to get a cricut cake and see that it comes with numerous images. Do you really need the other cartridges or is what is included enough variety?

Thanks for the help.

10 replies
RetiredNavyChief Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 11

I was fortunte enough to have a sister that had about 7 cartridges. I also bought the gypsy, so i looded all of the cartridges on it. I do most of my work with it. I also bought the Make the cut software. The gypsy is so much easier, i am having a hard time with MTC.

sarkee Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 11

Just wondering about getting more cartridges because the regular cricut cartridges are on sale and some on clearance at Micheals' this week. Some are $29.99. If they were something I would use I wanted to pick them up too.
thanks

catlharper Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 11

I got the basic cake and the elegant cakes with mine and then I ended up with about 8 fonts from a friend. I love having all the extra types of lettering because that is what I will use it the most for and not so much the fillegree or whatever. Cat

tiggy2 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredNavyChief

I was fortunte enough to have a sister that had about 7 cartridges. I also bought the gypsy, so i looded all of the cartridges on it. I do most of my work with it. I also bought the Make the cut software. The gypsy is so much easier, i am having a hard time with MTC.

There are lots of MTC tutorials on youtube.

Ceci1978 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 11

I love the cricut...I have purchased other cartridges on sale and looking forward to using those in future cakes...my email is [email protected] if you would like to communicate with a cricut fan

Karen421 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 11

I love my circut cake also! You will need more mats if you use it a lot and I think it is time for me to replace my blade. I found a really good person on ebay for cartridges for at least 1/2 price.

sarkee Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:17pm
post #8 of 11

thank for all the input. I bought it yesterday and can't wait to try it out. As i was standing in line a lady in passing said "You are going to love it" I hope so!!!!! I didn't get any other cartridges, thought I would see what all was included first. Am I understanding that I can download cartridges that friends have to my machine? Thanks again to any and all that provide support on this site. Have a great day!

tiggy2 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:38pm
post #9 of 11

You can download cartridges to the gypsy but not the cricut. And according to what I've read if they have already been downloaded to a gypsy they can't be downloaded again (does anyone know if this is true?).

LindaF144a Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:49pm
post #10 of 11

What is a gypsy?

Karen421 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm
post #11 of 11

Gypsy is the handheld design studio for Cricut and it stores all your cartridges.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%